Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up: Birthday Parties And Soccer

J.J. and I got all dressed up Friday night to attend Becca's Sweet Sixteenth Birthday Ball. Becca is a girl in our youth group at church.

Most of the guests were surprised to discover that J.J. owned a tux. Doesn't he look handsome? He's the type that only wears a tie when necessary.

On Saturday morning, we went to Olivia's 3rd birthday bash at Chuck E. Cheeses. Only Hayden, Corinna and I went because Drake had a soccer game.


Pizza.....it was tasty despite the early eating time. But since the kids eat lunch early at school it didn't faze them.


Corinna dances with a girl she met on the dance floor.


Chuck crowns the birthday girl.

She blows out her three candles successfully.

Next we rushed to the soccer field and saw the last half of the game.


There's more competition this season since Southwood switched to a new league.


Here's some foot action.


My soccer star Drake scored his team's only goal. They lost but played hard.
We spent Sunday at church and hanging out at home. I actually need to do some lesson planning for the week ahead. I enjoy being in the classroom, but having to plan for sub pay is a bummer. I've got four more weeks to go. Then I'll look forward to subbing a few days a week, hopefully. I really need some time to get some work done around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment