Monday, March 8, 2010

Marvelous Mondays

Wow....what a warm and sunny Monday it is! I came home from the Y and was compelled to enjoy the weather and walk around the neighborhood a few times. Neighbors were tilling gardens and digging holes for planting flowers. I even took some photos of one of my neighbors yards with fake flowers planted in the ground. I'll save them for a future post, perhaps.



The pictures in this post are from another marvelous Monday back on January 25th. The kids were out of school for a teacher workday. J.J. was skiing with our church youth group, along with my friend Beth's husband.

Her older 2 children spent a few hours with us. Lauralyn braves the big slide.


Drake climbs.


It was Isaac's brilliant idea for us to go to the park while Hayden was at DCCC practicing for LYT's upcoming play.



Corinna is all smiles.

The boys played a little football.


Here's the entire crew.


Ride'm cowboy!

Even the ducks enjoyed themselves.

We'd experienced heavy rains a few days prior and Lake Thom-A-Lex was over capacity, hence the island pier.


We stopped for a pic in the gazebo before picking Hayden up at the college. The twist is that the Friday following this marvelous Monday brought much snow. So let's hope that does not happen this week, because it's opening night for "Seussical." Well, I've got about an hour and a half before the school bus arrives. I have some laundry to do (of course), but I think I'll do a little jumproping and walk a few more laps around the neighborhood on this marvelous Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I am so loving the weather this entire week!

    ReplyDelete