Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trained and Waiting...

For the past two school years I have been working regularly as a substitute teacher. This year I have not yet had the opportunity to fill in for another teacher who has had to be absent. While I have enjoyed some days at home, I am eager to get into classrooms and teach once again.

Frustration came from being unaware that I needed to attend a mandatory substitute teacher training session. I was not being called because I was not on the list! Well, I attended the training last week and got all my paperwork up-to-date. I'm still waiting to be called.

God has reminded me of many things over the past 5 weeks. Here are a few of my lessons from the Lord:

* I am selfish and impatient and want things my way... but God's way is best.
*God is sovereign over everything.
*My name will remain on His list, because I have been redeemed by Christ's blood.
*He will provide for all our needs!
*His will WILL be done.

So, if it is the Lord's will, I hope to be visiting classrooms soon as a substitute teacher.

To God be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. I've been learning those same lessons! Thanks for sharing. It's nice to be reminded that I am not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete