Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Wine"ding Down

I got to get away last weekend with some girlfriends. We call ourselves the GGs, which is short for Girlfriends Gathering.





We traveled to Laurel Springs, which is in the North Carolina mountains of Allegheny county.


We spotted many Christmas tree farms and passed several trucks loaded down with frazier furs to sell. I kept thinking, no wonder my last real tree died before Christmas....it must've been cut down the first weekend of November.


In the evenings we cooked and had supper together and played the Wii. We didn't have to compete with children or husbands for our turn with the wiimote.









We made some GG glasses for nightly toasts. Some of the ladies quilted or crocheted...I read.


Saturday afternoon we visted two local wineries for wine tastings. I'd never been to a wine tasting before.














Saturday evening we sat on the deck with our glasses of wine and watched the sunset.



I'm grateful for the opportunity to spend time with some friends and thankful for JJ's willingness to be on the go with the children all weekend. I am blessed!


2 comments: