Monday, July 14, 2014

Beach Vacation

We went to Oak Island over the 4th of July week. It was a nice family getaway.

JJ survived the week thanks to a fishing trip and watching World Cup soccer.




I liked waking up and having my coffee while looking at the ocean, followed by a brisk morning walk.



Our new puppy, Java, was a little scared of the ocean but really enjoyed lying on the deck and digging in the sand.


We also caught her sneaking into Drake's bed.



Mostly the ocean was calm but the rocks were pretty horrible.



I also enjoy sitting on the deck at dusk. 


Here I am with my sweetie...

While we were there, Hurricane Arthur was brewing.


The eye of the storm was 200 miles away but it still rained heavily and was windy. A rainy day inside calls for comfort food.



Here are a few other highlights:






Unlike the doughnuts I resisted the slushies.


Many folks set off fireworks. Java did not appreciate their efforts.


Notice in the top right picture that Hayden has surpassed Kay and JJ in height. Bet he will pass me before too long.

I always enjoy time at the beach.
Looks like only Hayden and I will return in August as preseason soccer camp and scrimmages will be underway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment