Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Fair Alternative

Our county fair came to town this week. I must confess that I am NOT a fan of it and we haven't been in years. Because the school systems give fair tickets to each student (which is basically just gets them through the gates for a dollar apiece), there's no way of avoiding the issue annually. This year, my excuse was that we're going to Disney World in January. However, Friday afternoon, I found out that my childhood church home, Reeds Baptist, was having a fall festival.......for free!

So after the Saturday soccer games, we headed out for an afternoon of family fun.






The inflatibles are always a hit.

There was face painting

and a petting zoo too.

Corinna tries to dunk the pastor. (the deacons were taking a break)

There was lots of good food and drinks and a very talented recording artist from Nashville.

We met up with friends and cousins.

There were firetrucks and classic cars on display along with this little racer. I enjoyed visiting with folks from the church that I have known my entire life. And I didn't hear any complaining about us not going to the fair.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the fair! We were going to go to the T-ville festival as an alternative, but instead there was a free kids carnival at a small church on E. Center ext. We were the last people through all the games, and the kids loved it. So glad for churches providing free fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun, should have told us about it-lol! That Corrina is getting so big! We really should hang out sometime!

    ReplyDelete