Monday, October 18, 2010

Scenes From Second Grade

I've been teaching 2nd grade since the first day of school. My life sure has been busy!

I'm on the homeward stretch of this maternity leave position, as the "real" teacher returns on November 15th.

I've come to love these children and will look forward to keeping up with their progress for the entire year.

But I must say that I am counting down the days until I have part of my sanity back.


I have a deeper appreciation for classroom teachers and can empathize with working moms. This job has stretched me......and in His faithfulness, God has granted me endurance. I will finish the race!





One accomplishment personally, is that I have learned how to use the smartboard. Of course, the students taught me much about how to operate it.








Gone are the days of overhead projectors. I've mastered the document camera too, but don't have a picture. That proof may come later.








We had local firefighters visit us earlier this month.









This one was taken from the outside of the mobile fire safety house while the student was inside......cool reflection.



Hope his pants didn't catch fire in there!

A future firefighter?


The last two pictures were taken at our school pep rally......as we were supporting Lexington High School's homecoming. I'll spare you from the video footage I took...don't want you to come away with a headache from reading my blog.
I've got an interview Thursday for a potential maternity leave position in Kindergarten at another school. I'll keep you posted as to whether I'm offered and/or accept the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment