Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oldies But Goodies

Last week, some school choirs we're singing songs that took me back in time. Southwood's choir presented the program "On the Radio". Hayden played the part of a DJ.







The show featured radio hits from the 1920's-1980's. (The 80's tunes were the ones that took me back in time, mind you.)










The students did an amazing job.




Hayden and Dexter




I also had flashbacks as the Lexington Senior High School chorus sang for our elementary students. The girl in the white skirt was in the last 1st grade class I taught before giving birth to Hayden. She'll attend Chapel Hill next year.




The taller young man was also in my first grade class during the 1999-2000 school year. He's going to East Carolina in the fall. Where has the time gone?




Now I see several of these teenagers at the pool as lifeguards.






They did a fantastic job singing and dancing.





P.S. I think back to when I loathed how my mom and dad listened to "their music" in the car and chuckle.





Here are a few clips to get your toes a tappin. Do either of the songs take you back? The first two are the same. I didn't think the video uploaded the first time. Listen to it twice if you wish and think of Kevin Bacon.




No comments:

Post a Comment