Thursday, August 4, 2011

This Is The Stuff...

This is the stuff we've been doing recently: Last week we had VBS at our church.


Around 95 children came at least 1 of the 5 nights.



I was given the honor of teaching a group of 3 and 4 year olds as well as a group of rising K and 1st grade students.




It was a tiring week but worth the investment of time and energy for the sake of the Kingdom.


Friday night, the kids spent the night with Kay and JJ and I had a date night. We tried Cuban cuisine and it was delish.



Kay took the kids to a water park in High Point.




They had a blast with their MaMa!




Corinna had a playdate with her good friend early this week.



The past few nights Corinna's been practicing for her upcoming dance recital.




Tonight's the dress rehearsal so I hope to have more pictures of the big event.




I turned 39 yesterday and look forward to where God leads me during this next year. I did NOT get a full-time teaching job (not yet, anyway) but look forward to subbing again this school year.




Drake and Corinna found out their teachers yesterday. Drake has the teacher Hayden had for 3rd and 4th grades. Corinna will be in a 2nd/3rd grade combo class and has Drake's teacher from last year. I couldn't be more pleased. The middle school placements will come after next week.

After Corinna's dance recital Friday night, we'll be heading back to the beach. Summer is coming to an end and I don't know whether to be sad or to rejoice. I suppose I'll just be thankful for each season (weather wise and in life) that the Lord brings!



2 comments:

  1. I do hope you had a great birthday! And that's great news about the teachers! Fantastic! Have fun at the beach... I'll miss you at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad VBS was a success. I'll continue to pray you are offered a teaching position...I am sure you will get one in time. Enjoy your time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete