Friday, August 17, 2012

Back To The Beach


Hayden, Corinna and I spent most of last week at the beach.  I'm just now getting around to blogging about it, but we had a relaxing time!



There were quite a lot of rocks to contend with this time as the tide came in.


I always wonder why sometimes there are rocks and other times there are not.  We didn't see any jellyfish or sharks....so that's a plus!

We headed over to Southport in route to the aquarium and you'd have thought they were filming a movie.  Oh, they were!  Nicholas Sparks' book Safe Haven is being made and they were reinacting Southport's annual Fourth of July parade.



We rode the ferry over to Fort Fisher.

Jake's family was camping in nerby North Myrtle, so they joined our field trip.


We reached Fort Fisher Aquarium with just about an hour to look around.  Thank goodness wegot in free with my family zoo membership.






I sure will miss Oak Island.  Hope to make it back in the fall.  If I can't fit it in, I will be back in late December and plan to stay there and ring in 2013.

1 comment: