Tuesday, August 28, 2012

From The Pool To School

How did the summer pass so quickly?  On Friday, we spent our last day of summer break at the pool.
 
We were fortunate to enjoy many afternoons there, interacting with friends and having fun in the sun.




 I remember spending many a day at Tyro Pool when I was growing up.  It is my hope that my children will look back at their days at Lexington Swim Club with fond memories.


 
 
Here's some diving board action:





 
 Yesterday, we began a new school year.  It's always a challenge to get back into the swing of things, but we anticipate a great year.

We met all of the teachers last week and I am confident that the Lord placed each of my children with wonderful, compassionate educators.
 Only 179 more school days to go until our next summer break, but who's counting? Or just 178 after today!

Now, let's just hope these three save the silly behavior for the homefront!

To update everyone on what happened with my pursuit of a full-time teaching position, I will disclose that I did not receive a job offer.  I accept this fact as God's plan for our family.  Therefore, it is my intent to continue substitute teaching this school year.  I look forward to the substitute teaching opportunites that will lie ahead.  And on days like today, when I am at home, I will rejoice in more time to care for my family.

1 comment: