Friday, August 9, 2013

Buffie's Beach Birthday

When I was a kid I didn't much like my August 3rd birthday.  All my friends got to have cupcakes and parties at school (back when that was allowed) but my birthday was in the summer.  Now, at 41, I like my August birthday and especially am happy when I can spend my birthday at the beach!

The whole family came for the weekend.  JJ is not a beach lover but he came as a gift for me.  


We had great weather and had a relaxing time.  Of course JJ doesn't liken to sit so he played some soccer and dusted off his 20+ year old skimboard.





JJ and I headed to Southport for dinner out.  Provisions is one of the hot spots in the area.  It was our first visit there and we liked it.



Here are my birthday roses.  They actually were given to me by the Food Lion manager because they were wilting!

Everyone but Hayden and I left Monday morning and we returned home Thursday.  We had a movie date and took walks on the beach and each did our own thing.  


Here is one of my favorite spots.  Whether I am drinking coffee or reading or having supper or a cold drink, I so enjoy sitting at the picnic table with the ocean in view.


The Sea Turtle Society (what I call them) was out babysitting turtle eggs.  I don't think they hatched while we were there. If so, I missed it yet again.

Sweet seascapes
I had a great beach birthday.  Who knows, might turn into a tradition!  Speaking of tradition, I plan to return for Thanksgiving if not before!

No comments:

Post a Comment