Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beach Bums Again

The children and I had a school's out beach party. They even skipped the last day of school so we could enjoy one more day by the ocean.

Corinna is ready to hit the water. I made the kiddos wear life jackets when I wasn't in the water. Although they can swim, I wanted to play it safe.

The boys play in the waves.

getting sandy

a little digging

mixing in some water

skimboarding


a jellyfish

lifting big rocks

even overhead

back in the ocean

a little sand doodling does ya good

gotta bury your feet

moved many rocks

made a pit

Connect Four

Sorry!

coloring relieves stress, right?

The kids relax while I finish cleaning.

We'll be back July 17th with our friends, the Youngs. Can't wait. I'll leave you with the sound of the ocean..what a sweet, sweet sound.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip! What a blessing to have that beach house to enjoy! I grew up going to the beach a lot (my grandad had a beach house on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD). I think I have always been very fond of the ocean because of my childhood there.

    BTW, that is one freaky looking jellyfish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys are having a great summer so far!

    ReplyDelete