Sunday, June 7, 2009

Friends + Fireflies = Fun

Corinna had a sleepover Friday night. Her twin friends, Kaitlyn and Sophie, came over for a farewell party. Their mom, my friend Lynette, was at home packing for their move to Apex. Corinna and I met the trio while at Finch Park in an encounter I can only describe as "from God." It has been wonderful getting to know Lynette, Soph and Kait over the past year or so. We will miss seeing them regularly but look forward to spending time with them when they return to Lexington to visit Grandpa.

We went to The Candy Bouquet for an after dinner treat.

Cupackes, brownies, and ice cream...yum.

After playing outside (in the mud from Friday's downpour), the girls wanted to catch fireflies, or lightning bugs, if that's what you callem', like me.


Celebrating that there are a few in the jar.

Trying to find some more.


"I got it. I got it."


Their hands are full.


Sophie proudly dispalys the jar. I think we caught and contained eleven.


Chillin' before bedtime.


Off to bed.....they slept with the fireflies as their nightlight.

Saturday morning, we took a trip to the West Davidson Library, one of Corinna's favorite places to frequent.

I made the girls clover flower necklaces. Corinna's broke right before the picture was taken. Friends are friends forever (if you know the Michael W. Smith song, stop to wipe your tears). We wish you well in your new home and hope to see you real soon.

1 comment:

  1. I remember ages ago, when you used to babysit for TLC, you made me a clover necklace, and i thought it was the coolest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete