Friday, November 13, 2009

Flashback Friday: LYT's "Cinderella"

I'm technically only "flashing back" to last weekend, but preparing for Lexington Youth Theatre's production of "Cinderella" takes our family back to late August, when auditions were held. After many practices, the show was performed Nov. 6-8th at the Edward C. Smith Civic Center.



Hayden was a villager. Can you find him in the picture above and in the next three that follow?








The prince discovers that he is giving a ball.

At the ball....


Cinderella dances with her prince.

And they live happily ever after!

Corinna was a part of the Fairy Godmother's entourage.

Here are a few pics from backstage....I had an all access pass. Corinna wasn't afraid to dance with the wicked stepmother (Jenna).

Cinderella (Hannah) did a great job, as did the entire cast. She was so sweet to give all the girls in the play a Cinderella figurine.


Corinna and the Fairy Godmother (Fallon)

LYT's "Circle time." It's a tradition to circle up before each show and squeeze hands and shout "Break A Leg!" followed by a chant that I can't remember.


Hayden forgot to wear his hat during the dress rehearsal (when I took pictures). So here he is sporting it. Through this blog post, I can in no way showcase the talent of the members of Lexington Youth Theatre. I hope you were able to see the show. If not, check out LYT's spring play, "Seussical, The Musical." I'm sure it will be just as wonderful as "Cinderella."

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it's a very great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun. I hate it that I missed it. We wanted to come but had lots going on that weekend. Maybe next time. The kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete