Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Makin' The Most Of The Coast

The kids and I, along with my MIL, went to Oak Island for Spring break. We had a delighful time. The weather was fabulous.


I gave the kids their Easter baskets early so they could enjoy some treats throughout our stay. And we'd have less to bring back home.


I helped with the consumption a bit.

Each got a dvd in their basket so we had some movie nights.

I used my Resurrection Eggs to tell the Easter story.


There's my skimboarder.



The temperature was just right.

Drake met a friend named Chris from Pennsylvania. All the kids enjoyed playing with him throughout our stay. Drake got his address so we'll see if they become penpals (that is if penpals exist anymore). E-mail buds, perhaps?


Corinna poses in her new suit.


Drake and Chris play catch.

Don't they look thrilled to be heading out to the sunrise service?

It was at the Oak Island Cabana.

There's our reminder that the Son has risen. He is risen, indeed!

Corinna and Ma Ma go for a walk.

The frigid water temperature didn't keep them from jumping in. It was too cold for me.

The smile says it all.


We enjoyed our Spring Break at the beach. We're looking forward to returning to Oak Island the week after school is out and then again in early August.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a GREAT time! I thought of you all last weekend. Kristin asked to go to the beach, and I was tempted to just go for a night (since Noah was gone w/ the big kids)! But, I chose to stay home and clean out closets. Fun, fun. ;-)

    Glad you had perfect weather! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Buffie! Looks like you had a great time. Precious pictures - your kids are so cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics and looks like a ton of fun! I really like the sunrise picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of people at the beach it looks like. We're going next weekend. Can't wait!!

    Love the resurrection eggs too!

    ReplyDelete