Sunday, April 18, 2010

Prom Night

Who went to the prom, you ask? Corinna and I went to Alston Brook's (my dad's nursing home) prom on Thursday night. She was anticipating the event all week.

Who is that masked man?

Doesn't he look sharp?


My dad and I smile while Corinna takes our picture.

After our food, it was time for some dancing.

I think the residents and family members enjoyed getting dressed up.
One of Alston Brook's favorite entertainers sings some "Love Me Tender" to Miss Mary. She is a diehard Elvis fan. She kept asking him to sing just one more. He sang about 5 of the King's hits.

Check out her moves.

Some twirling action with Pa Pa. On a side note, Miss Nellie in the background, takes her babies everywhere.....even to prom. She and Corinna have become friends over the years. Nellie used to think Corinna was going to take her babies but now she isn't threatened. Corinna usually asks Nellie how her "Paulina's" are doing.

Cuttin' the rug (or the hardwood)

another spin


My dad grabs a dance with the prom queen.

We had a blast at the Moonlight Masquerade! This is the first year since my dad's been a resident of Alston Brook that they've held a prom. Corinna's already asking if they'll have one next year. I hope so. And before I know it, she'll be dreaming about her own high school prom (sniff, sniff).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time! I have to say... I wonder what God has in store for Miss Corrina. She is loving the elderly and weak even at this young age. So touching to see!

    ReplyDelete