Thursday, February 3, 2011

Destination Disney: Magic Kingdom

In this post, I will share about our day at Disney's Magic Kingdom. I was surprised to discover that this was our least favorite park. We only visited Magic Kingdom one day, while we spent two days in each of the other three parks.


Cinderella's castle was a great sight. I remember it from when I went to Disney World as a six year old. The only other things I remember from back then were riding the teacups and Dumbo.
The reason this was our least favorite park was because the rides and attractions were geared toward younger children.

We encountered a walking, talking trashcan!

Kay and Hayden on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

trapped with the evil emperor Zurg

J.J. actually requested that we have our pic taken here. He remembers his grandparents doing the same thing when he went to Disney World as a child.

the Haunted Mansion

101 reasons why I am glad that we did not go to Disney with a toddler! There were strollers and stroller parking lots a plenty! (this pic is for you, Kelly!)

I'm a Mouseketeer!

Peter Pan and Captain Hook

another villain, Maleficent (Hayden loves the bad guys and gals) and Goofy

the Disney power couple



I confess that I did not ride the Mad Tea Party. Now that I'm older, all the spinning drives me mad!

all of us sporting our Disney shirts


Fireworks!

I don't have pictures, but we liked riding Big Thunder Railroad Mountain and Space Mountain. Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment. The Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor was hilarious.

At night, the castle is especially cool as it periodically changes colors!



Here is a brief clip of the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular. While we were at the resort, we saw on the news that there are plans to add several roller coasters to Magic Kingdom. This fact should add to the parks excitement for older kids and adults!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah that is a lot of strollers....I think tori might be walking...

    ReplyDelete