Friday, February 25, 2011

Mountain Mamas

I'm flashing back to early December when I ventured to Blowing Rock and Valle Crusis with a college friend and one of her friends. Look at all that candy at Mast General Store!

The area had already seen some snow and more was to come. A LOT MORE!!!







This is my new friend, Nan. We had fun trying on hats. It was so windy that I nearly bought one!


This is my college buddy Erinn.

Could've worn this one to the Christmas Eve service but I used my better judgement. I resisted the temptation to make a purchase. I didn't have such self-control with the candy.


We headed to Shoppes on the Parkway. Haven't been there in years. We ate dinner at The Mellow Mushroom (my 1st dining experience there) in Blowing Rock.

I was looking for a dress to wear to a Christmas party.

I went with this one minus the frilly shrug. I enjoyed my spontaneous trip. Erinn had called me the night before and asked if I wanted to go. I even turned down a day substituting that morning. It was SO worth a day's less pay. Hope to make it back up the mountain soon!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go sometime! We should SERIOUSLY plan a girls only reunion weekend up there!

    ReplyDelete