Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kindergarten and More

I've been teaching Kindergarten (one of the students took this pic) and I am thoroughly enjoying it! I'm in the same classroom where I taught 1st grade years ago. I've got 5 more weeks and then I will finish out the school year in 2nd grade for another teacher goes on maternity leave in early April. God had been faithful in providing me with opportunities to teach Pre-K, K, 1st, and 2nd grades during the past 2 school years.

Here I am at the SMART board station. Each classroom in the city school system is equipped with the latest technology and I have learned to use it. I am continuing to pray about whether God is calling me to pursue a full-time job for next year.

The Kindergarten class has been a pleasure to teach.


It is exciting to see the children developing a love for learning.


Our 100th day of school was Friday and we had ice cream to celebrate. Only 80 more school days til summer break!

Friday night, Alston Brook had their Valentine's banquet.



Corinna had a classmate over to spend the night.


Saturday, I took them to see the Justin Bieber movie (it was better than I expected)

and then to Mickey D's. It was a fun girls day. Soccer season begins next weekend so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you are so lucky you have smart boards in all your classrooms!! My kids school has 2 for the whole school - it's a bummer!

    ReplyDelete