Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Campers

We spent our Labor Day weekend camping. We had a smaller group this time, but we had a fun and relaxing stay at Falls Lake.





We spent a little time at the playground.










The kids played Uno and rummy




and even hangman.




The adults did some reading.









Our campsite was a short walk or bike ride to the swimming area.








The children played for hours on the "rope." There were no lifeguards on duty so I guess it was allowed.




The older generations sat in the shade.




CORNHOLE!!!






The campsites were very spacious and shady. (My the automatic lens cover on my camera broke so I have to zoom in to take pics without the black. But this shot was still the best one our site.)




My childhood friend Jane lives closeby in Wake Forest. She brought her daughters by to visit. I forgot to have picture taken of Jane and I.




We returned to the lake.






We were preparing to leave when a snake was spotted in the lake. My friend Kevin got a picture of it but I didn't.





Here's most of our camping crew....minus JJ and I and adding Drew. Drake met Drew within minutes after our arrival.






more cards



Now we've always got to fit the bikes in while camping. Hopefully soon JJ and I will get bikes and a bike hitch.




popping down the pop up








JJ's mom enjoyed camping with us this time. And we managed to go the whole camping trip without rain.




We did run into a little trouble on the way home. Thankfully, someone on the road alerted us that our tire was about to blow.









While JJ changed the tire we made a food run.




We're hoping to fit at least one fall camping trip into our schedule. It was too warm to even sit by a campfire this past weekend. We're ready for a little chill in the air!



No comments:

Post a Comment