Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mid-week Musing

Here what's been going on with the Cullens Crew lately:


Corinna had a friend Gabby spend the night last Friday. They dressed in style to attend Drake's soccer game (in Wilkesboro).



High heel shoes to a soccer game....sometimes you have to pick your battles. They ended up walking barefoot most of the day.




Drake continues to play soccer with much skill and heart (perhaps a college scholarship is in the future????)!







I love the intensity on his face. The team won both games this past weekend.



Hayden's play practices began last week and will continue through November when LYT will perform "Annnie." I am pleased to report that middle school is going surprisingly well (yay GOD).


I spent much time in reflection as our country recognized the 10th anniversary of 9/11 on Sunday. May our nation turn to the LORD~!




On Monday, JJ and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. I continue to thank God for giving me a godly man who leads our family well. I've spent time this week also reflecting upon how the Lord has sustained our family and blessed us beyond measure. He has provided for all of our needs and many of our wants. He withholds nothing from us (not even a full-time job for me). Since the school year has started, God has continued to show me that it was not His will for me to return to teaching full-time. Of course, I immediately acknowledged that, but it's great to be reminded frequently by the Holy Spirit.




I am not stressed. I can continue to lead a small group of teenagers in a weekly Bible Study. I have been able to better maintain our home. I can take my children here and there and everywhere after school without having to come home and prepare lessons, etc. Does the concern and worry about how we're going to pay for college or live in our retirement years creep in? Sometimes.



Yet, I am once again reminded of the Lord's perfect provision.



He will take care of our family for the next 13 years, the next 50....until He calls us home!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary Buffie! I can't believe how big Corrinna has gotten since I last saw you all. You can definitely tell by these pictures that Drake loves soccer! And I'm happy to hear the play will be Annie. Can't wait to see Hayden in it this year! Praying God continues to bless you all. Hugs & Smileys! :)

    ReplyDelete