Friday, September 23, 2011

Peek At The Past Week

I haven't blogged in over a week but we've been busy as usual. I kept my nieces Olivia and Victoria last Thursday while my sis-in-law had a doctor's appointment.
















Livy and Tori are going to have a baby brother or sister in April!




Last Friday I visited IKEA in Charlotte for the first time. I only spent $2.11 because I has a $25 coupon I got in the mail. Well, I did spend a little more if you factor in my meatball lunch and cinnamon rolls for the family.




I enjoyed looking through the showroom at all the space-saving ideas.


Corinna's room is so small that eventually a loft might be an option.


Although the furniture isn't the quality of the furniture my hubby makes, it's trendy and rather affordable.

another loft


Ok, I'm not fooling anyone....this is a pic of my living area through my messed up lens. At least it was cleaner than usual. Plus, we do have a wall unit from the 1970's. Do they shoot deer over in Europe? IKEA could've added a wall mount or two...they have a store in the south for goodness sake.


IKEA had some interesting paper chandeliers on display but I wonder how quickly the dust accumulates?








I can only dream of a kitchen of this magnitude!



The downstairs of IKEA had all of the upstairs items neatly packaged in boxes. There were lots of closet storage units and organizers galore. If I return again, I need to have a game plan of what I'd like to purchase. I basically got a few trinkets to use up my coupon.



Corinna's first soccer game of the season was last Saturday when it was unseasonably cool. I enjoyed the damp cooler weather.



Corinna scored 6 of her team's 7 goals!


She had a little rest while in the goal. Don't you dig the pink uniforms? I couldn't go to Drake's game Saturday because it was at the same time as Corinna's, but his team is 3-0 for the season thus far.





What is that flash of tangerine? Why, it's J.J. accompanied by his teammate nectarine Noah. My hubby's playing in an adult soccer league through the Y.



The Amigos of Mayhem won their first match.



sideline action





Drake campaigned this week for Southwood's VP. He didn't win the election, however. He was disappointed. I had the opportunity to share that I ran for Senior Class Treasurer and got beat by Tracie O'Grady.



Over the weekend, it was brought to my attention that I was not on the sub list for the schools I've worked in over the past 2 years. I was not notified about a mandatory substitute teacher training that I must attend. To make a long story short, the class is being offered again next week. After that, I hope to be working several days a week in Lexington City Schools.



I'm also planning to go to the sub workshop for Davidson County Schools. I have a friend who teaches at a nearby elementary school where there are multiple teachers expecting babies in the winter and spring. I can't be considered for those openings without completing the sub requirements for the county school district as well.



Up next....we've got 4 soccer games this weekend, weather permitting.



Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I like the loft idea for Corinna's room! Glad you had fun there!

    ReplyDelete