Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Caution: Children At Play

"You have the right to remain silent."
Ladies and gentlemen, Heeeerrrrreee's Hayden.

"Hey guys, what should we play next?"

Angel and Corinna get their kicks with some sticks.

So, we really do need to put a tire or some type of swing on that piece of rope dangling from our tree.

So often nowadays, it seems like all children want to do is sit in front of some sort of screen. Well, I was thrilled to catch my children playing outside this afternoon with some of the neighbors. Back when I was a kid, we played outside continuously...tag, hide-and-seek, kickball, red rover, mother may I, jumprope, and kick the can were some of my favorite outside activities. Seems like in recent years, the most exercise children get (and adults too) is clicking a mouse or game controller or remote. But not today. After some homework, they were out the door and on the go. As spring approaches in a few weeks, I hope today's choice of activity is repeated time and time again, with excitement. We need an outdoor play revival 'round here. Yet, I must mention that after about 30 minutes outside, Drake ran inside and asked if he and all the kids could come in. I said, "No, get back out there and play!"

No comments:

Post a Comment