Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Beach Bums

Our family has been extremely blessed to have access to a beachfront home in Oak Island, North Carolina, up to six times per year. My mother-in-law, her brothers, and two family friends, purchased the home together back in the eighties.

Here's the name of the house.....cleverly named for the six original owners. My mother-in-law is depicted in the skirt, as she's the sole female owner.

This is the view of the Six Pack from East Beach Drive. My friend Lynette and I, along with Corinna and her twin daughters, Sophie and Kaitlyn, enjoyed a long weekend at the beach. The weather was beautiful, and we had a relaxing and enjoyable time together.


The girls are ready to hit the waves.


The water was quite cold but that didn't stop them!


A lot of time was spent in the sand, too.


On Saturday morning, we spotted this red fox trotting on the dunes. I took this shot from the deck. I've never seen a fox on the beach before, have you?


On Saturday night, we played a round of Jungle golf.


The little ladies were hitting the ball so much they needed to stop for a rest.


We're going for a stroll on the beach before departure on Monday.


Kaitlyn, Sophie, and Corinna strike a pose.



The Cullens girls stop for a picture.


This is debris that washed up on shore throughout the weekend, which I believe to be ashes from the wildfires in nearby Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.


Corinna took this picture of Lynette and I. We were instructed to look cool. Here is our feeble attempt.


The younger girls watched The Little Mermaid while the bigger girls cleaned up and packed the van. Hope the next houseguests have as much fun as we did.














2 comments:

  1. Hi Buffie, it looks like you had a great time at the beach! I enjoyed looking through your blog today! I was sorry to read the Mocha died. Latte is an adorable puppy! You have a beautiful family! Talk to you soon, Jane

    ReplyDelete