Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tarheel Fever???

Drake must have Tarheel Fever! Although we aren't necessarily die hard Carolina fans, it was nice to see them win the NCAA Championship last night. Well, I actually fell asleep because it was a blow out. I did wake up to see the score. But to get sent home from school with "the fever" the day after the BIG GAME, come on. When Mrs. Barnes called to say that Drake was running a temperature again and I needed to pick him up, I jokingly accused her of giving him Tarheel Fever. She is Carolina fanatic. Drake also was sent home with "the fever" last Thursday and missed school on Friday. Perhaps it's normal to come down with "the fever" before and after the Final Four games. We'll just have to ride it out and see if Drake develops Tarheel Fever about this time next year. Maybe UNC-CH offers scholarships to students who come down with Tarheel Fever. Check back with me in about 11 years. Go Heels!

1 comment:

  1. Uh, Buffy, I don't know about you, but it was normal in my day to catch fever in time to miss school on Fridays, in general!! Or whatever other excuse we could find! Ha
    But I agree - GO TARHEELS!!

    ReplyDelete