Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Lunch Date & A Playdate

Corinna and I had a lunch date Tuesday after she met her teacher.

We enjoyed going to Miss Ruby's Tea Room until it closed in December due to the owner moving. Now, Lexington has a new tea house in town.

As you can see, Corinna got dressed up in her high heels, makeshift garter (aka a scrunchie), and her C purse. She even had a check she'd written in her purse, but the man at the cash register said she'd have to take it to the bank when she tried to pay the tab.


Corinna took a picture of me.


And here she is. We had a delightful time.


Today, Corinna enjoyed a playdate with Kristin. She was eager to help "babysit" her friend's younger sister.



Bubble time.



Kristin liked popping them.

Got out the ballet slippers. The girls put on a show. We only had one pair of ballet shoes so they took turns wearing them.


Corinna in motion.


We made lemon bars.

K and C did a little singing while they baked and cooled.

Ate some after lunch.

Corinna taught Kristin some hand jives.

Around 4:30 it was quiet and I found the girls in Latte's kennel. I promise I didn't lock them in. However, that may be a good option in about 10 years when Corinna is asking to go on dates with boys.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!

    Thank you for taking photos, it tickles me to see what Kristin did yesterday. And THANK YOU (and Corinna) for keeping her all day! It looks like she had a ball.

    I especially like Corinna's "garter" and the photo of the girls in the kennel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you girls had an awesome day! I so miss seeing Corinna and you at CBS. Please come and visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah and I went to the Tea House a couple weeks ago, and we loved it. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete