Friday, January 30, 2009

Flashback Friday: Boone Or Bust

Here are the children in front of the App sign as you enter the campus.
I am standing in front of Doughton Hall, where I lived my first 2 years at ASU.

Just a sittin' in the palm of a hand.........


Drake poses with a mounted elk.



This is where we stayed for a few nights.




Boone, North Carolina, is one of my favorite destinatons. Sadly, since graduating from Appalachian State University, I can count on one hand the number of times I've returned. Boone is just a great town. It's not as quaint now as it was back in the day, but a wonderful place to visit, nonetheless. Some of my favorite places in Boone are the Mast General Store, Backyard Burgers, The Mountain House Restaurant, Howard's Knob, and Cornerstone Christian Bookstore. I also like to stop along the Blue Ridge Parkway and enjoy the views. And any trip to Boone must include traveling to nearby Blowing Rock for some ice cream at Kilwin's. These pictures are from late December of 2007. A generous couple from our church allowed us to use their mountain home for a few days, which was a great blessing. We browsed around the ASU campus and took a few pictures. It is my hope to return to Boone at least once this year. As the saying goes, "I'd just as soon be in Boone." Can't wait to get back up that hill!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling... that's how I think of Savannah, GA where I went to college. Noah and I have been back ONE time since our wedding in 2001... and that was for a friend's wedding two years ago. But I love Savannah, and would love to have my winter home be there when I am rich, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete