Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How We Met


By God's providence, J.J. and I met in September of 1997 in the parking lot of Meadowview Presbyterian Church. He had just moved to North Carolina from Georgia to begin working at a family owned furniture manufacturing plant. He was looking for a P.C.A. church.......he found one and he found me! At the time, our church had a singles group and we hung out together. The first time we had a "date", he joined me as I took care of children for one of our church's small group Bible studies. I remember noting that evening how wonderful he was with children. That continues to this day, as J.J. is a wonderful father. On a side note, several of the girls that I babysat that night now babysit our children every Monday night, when our TLC group meets. J.J. and I got married on September 12, 1998. This past September, we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture! Buffie - you look fabulous! I'm so glad we have reconnected through Blog World! :)

    ReplyDelete