Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two For Tuesday

Here are my thoughts on two things I've encountered so far today.

*Snakes..... I don't much care for snakes. I was talking on the phone this morning and stepped out onto the porch. I saw part of a snake sticking out of the bushes. At first I wasn't sure if it was real, thought perhaps someone was playing an early April Fool's joke on me. The snake was black with goldish bands. I went inside and a few minutes later and returned with my camera, but the snake had slithered away.

*Fractions..... The past few weeks, Hayden has been working on fractions. Not only do I dislike geometry, I must add fractions to the list. He's been recording fractions for shaded and unshaded parts, drawing pictures of improper fractions, investigating mixed numbers, determining whether fractions are equivalent, and ordering fractions from least to greatest. Next week he'll probably be reducing, adding, and multiplying fractions. And perhaps in a few weeks, the 3rd grade math curriculum will involve say, decimals. Now, please excuse me while I go eat 7/8 of a pie!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I love when you right about Hayden's homework, because I can relate. One of my fourth graders is doing the reducing and multiplying, and today was converting to decimals. It definitely gets my brain working to explain it to her.

    ReplyDelete