Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Marvelous Mother's Day

I really had an enjoyable Mother's Day. Got lots of homemade cards and gifts that were very sweet. I also received the hexagon picnic table in the background. I've been wanting one for a few years now. A guy makes them on 64 heading toward Asheboro. Every time I'd ride by, I would think how I'd like one for our yard. Well, last Saturday on our way to the zoo, I pointed out the table on display to J.J. Lo and behold, I finally got my picnic table. I was really surprised. Ma Ma and her darling grandchildren.

Today's family pic.


Me, Corinna, and Kay at the Mother/Daughter Tea. This is my 5th Mother's Day without my mom, but I'm thankful for a wonderful mother-in-law. I'm sure if my mama were still alive she'd laugh as she observed Corinna and remark, "Not only does she look like you, but she acts JUST like you did." Having a daughter has definitely helped me to better understand the relationship that I had with my mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment