Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two For Tuesday

....thoughts on two random topics....

*EOG's- Hayden began his first day of End of Grade testing today. He has been dreading them since the first day of third grade. He's been particularly anxious over the past few weeks as the final preparations have taken place. So much pressure is put on these children to pass. EOG's stress the teachers out also. Two more days of EOG's to go. I hope that Hayden's scores reflect his true knowledge. And I hope even more that one of these days, the EOG's will be a thing of the past.


*Fresh strawberries- One of my favorite May activities is goin' strawberry pickin'. There are several strawberry farms here in Lexington. Some friends and I are planning to go on Friday, weather permitting. There's nothing like eating fresh, juicy strawberries right off the vine. They're good dipped in chocolate, too. Yum! I'm drooling just thinking about it.

3 comments:

  1. Hayden is so smart! I know he'll do just fine.
    Beth B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add my own praise that Hayden passed the EOG's! Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete