Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My MOPS Era Ends

I graduated from MOPS today! I did not wear a cap and gown or receive a diploma, but I was given a lovely framed print and a heartfelt card signed by all of my fellow MOPS moms. MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is an internationally chartered group that encourages and equips moms in the early years of their motherhood journey. The Lexington group began 7 years ago at my home church, Meadowview. For the past two years, we have met at First Lutheran Church. I am pictured here with two friends, Christy and Rachel, who have been attending MOPS along with me since the beginning. MOPS has been a blessing in my life. I will cherish the good times and the formed friendships.

MOPS has also been instrumental in the lives of each of my children. We did not do preschool, so attending MOPS gave them opportunities to interact with other children during our monthly meetings, field trips, and play dates. Here is Corinna with her MOPPETS class. I will certainly miss MOPS and I am grateful for how the ministry benefited our family. In a few short months, I will no longer be the mother of a preschooler, but my MOPS memories will never leave me.

1 comment: